Thursday, June 2, 2016

The Apathetic One

I pity the apathetic. This seemingly innocuous trait kills emotion. It drains self-confidence and determination. Squash apathy in the face before it takes hold of you.

How can we help the apathetic? I ask this question everyday. These are well intentioned people that I am fortunate to have in my life. We need to help them break out of their shell of complacency. With the right guidance and motivation, these friends of ours will realize new heights.

Here are my recommendations for the friends of the apathetic one:
  • Don't yell or discourage. Teach by demonstrating your own social qualities, which the apathetic friend can replicate. 
  • Praise the apathetic friend. Occasionally, they will surprise you by going above their previously set boundaries. Congratulate them when it happens.
There are more recommendations that can be added to this list. Please contribute by commenting below! Our friends need it. 


Read my Huffington Post page: 
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-shvartsman/

Follow me on Twitter: 

No comments:

Post a Comment